|Lunch Meetings||Northern Outreach Committee in room 308||Events and Funds Committee in room 308|
|After School Practice||Thunders practice from 3:10-4:30 in room 308||Lightnings practice from 3:10-4:30 in room 308||Pizza Debate (all groups together) Every 2nd Wednesday of the Month 4:30-6:00 PM||Swifts practice from 3:10-4:30 in room 308||PRMS Storm Debate Team from 3:20-4:30|
The focus of the debate team is:
- Learn to break big ideas into small pieces (systems thinking)
- Learn how to disagree thoughtfully and how to apply critical thinking skills
- Learn to focus on your main point when building a case or argument (case line)
- Learn to speak clearly and how to be organized in your speaking
- Develop your confidence as a public speaker
- The regular season is from September 12, 2023 to January 23, 2024.
- The extended season is from January 30, 2024 to March 12, 2024. (This is when we focus on a mock trial and on parliamentary debate for the model parliament.)
- You may be part of the Monday Practice Group (Thunders) or the Tuesday Practice Group (Lightnings) or the Thursday Practice Group (Swifts). The groups are the same in terms of level and everything else. Come only one day (not more). Practice is Monday or Tuesday or Thursday in room 308 from 3:10 PM to 4:30 PM.
- We meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays during lunch (as often as needed) in room 308 to help plan outreach, fundraisers, and special events.